- All volunteers are to fill out and submit a Service Hours Application form. On the form, parents must list all children who attend our charter school system.
- Each family must complete 30 or more hours per school year. Service Hours cannot be carried over to the next school year.
- Service hours obtained from all campuses may be combined (Central, East, West, FSU and Academic Village).
- Attending informational meetings / functions such as PTA / PTSA, Advisory Board and Open House, count towards service hours, however, recreational functions including, but not limited to, sports events, school plays / performances, and Awards Ceremony do not constitute as time that may be utilized towards service hours; unless otherwise specified by school.
- All visitors must sign in at the front office to receive a visitor’s badge before going to the classroom.
- All visitors during the school day must wear their visitor’s badges at all times while at the school or with the students.
- All volunteers are required to dress in attire that is consistent with the dress code.
- Volunteers must keep a record of their hours and should turn them in every two (2) weeks to their child’s teacher for verification.
- During the 2nd and 3rd grading periods, all service hours will be tabulated and parents will be notified of the hours they have accumulated.
- A new duplicate form should be filled out for every service activity attended. Please keep the yellow copy for your records. The white copy must be turned in to the office.
- Any hardship related deviation from this policy must be put in writing fully explaining the extenuating circumstances for such request and submitted to the principal.
- Service hours may only be performed by parents, grandparents, foster parents, adoptive parents, and legal guardians at the discretion and review of the principals.
- Pursuant to Chapter 2004-81, Florida Laws (2004), all volunteers at the school shall be subject to a limited background check. Principals have the sole discretion and authority to refuse an individual to perform volunteer hours at the school as a result of this required background check.
- All service hours must be fulfilled prior to Friday, May 19, 2023 unless prior arrangements have been approved by administration. If you do not fulfill the required hours, your child will not be allowed to enroll in the Pembroke Pines Charter Schools the ensuing school year.