- All volunteers are to fill out and submit a Service Hours Application form. On the form, parents must list all children who attend our charter school system.
- Each family must complete 30 or more hours per school year. 10 hours of which may be given by some form of donation in increments of ½ hour per donation. All donations must be authorized by the principal in advance. Effective as of the 2009-2010 school year, parents and guardians of students in the City’s Charter School system shall be able to satisfy a portion of their 30 volunteer hour requirement by purchasing up to 20 of these hours as follows:
- The 1st 10 hours may be purchased for $10 per hour.
- The 2nd 10 hours may be purchased for $20 per hour.
- No parent or guardian shall be permitted to purchase more than 20 volunteer hours for a total of $300. The remaining 10 hours of the volunteer requirement shall be satisfied in a manner consistent with the Charter Schools’ previously established rules and regulations.
- Service hours obtained from all campuses may be combined (Central, East, West, FSU and High School, Academic Village Middle School).
- Attending informational meetings/functions such as PTA/PTSA, Advisory Board and Open House, count towards service hours, however, recreational functions including, but not limited to, sports events, school plays/performances, and Awards Ceremony do not constitute as time that may be utilized towards service hours; unless otherwise specified by school.
- All visitors must sign in at the front office to receive clearance and visitor’s badge to be worn for the duration of your time at the school.
- Hours completed by the volunteers must be maintained and submitted to the school every 2 weeks.
- When donating supplies for service hours, no more than ½ hour credit may be awarded unless otherwise approved by the principal.
- During the 2nd and 3rd quarters, parents will be notified of their completed hours. Every service hour completed or donation provided must be documented on a service hour form.
- Any hardship that would prevent completion of the required service hours must be put in writing, with an explanation of the extenuating circumstance and submitted to the hardship committee for approval.
- Service hours may only be performed by parents, grandparents, foster parents, adoptive parents, and legal guardians at the discretion and review of the principals.
- Pursuant to Chapter 2004-81, Florida Laws (2004), all volunteers at the school shall be subject to a limited background check. Principals have the sole discretion and authority to refuse an individual to perform volunteer hours at the school as a result of this required background check.
- All service hours must be fulfilled prior to May 27, 2016 unless prior arrangements have been approved by administration.